can you please paraphrase this paragraph (NOTE: please dont just change the words try to understand and write it in your own words):
1) A hard drive has only a few basic parts. There are one or more shiny silver platters where information is stored magnetically, there's an arm mechanism that moves a tiny magnet called a read-write head back and forth over the platters to record or store information, and there's an electronic circuit to control everything and act as a link between the hard drive and the rest of your computer.
2) The platters are the most important parts of a hard drive. As the name suggests, they are disks made from a hard material such as glass, ceramic, or aluminum, which is coated with a thin layer of metal that can be magnetized or demagnetized. A small hard drive typically has only one platter, but each side of it has a magnetic coating. Bigger drives have a series of platters stacked on a central spindle, with a small gap in between them. The platters rotate at up to 10,000 revolutions per minute (rpm) so the read-write heads can access any part of them.
3) There are two read-write heads for each platter, one to read the top surface and one to read the bottom, so a hard drive that has five platters (say) would need ten separate read-write heads. The read-write heads are mounted on an electrically controlled arm that moves from the center of the drive to the outer edge and back again. To reduce wear and tear, they don't actually touch the platter: there's a layer of fluid or air between the head and the platter surface.
Recently Asked Questions
- The weight of a product is measured in pounds. A sample of 50 units is taken from a batch. The sample yielded = 75 lbs., and we know that σ 2 = 100 lbs.
- I could not type all this here because it's difficult so added a pic. Do NOT simplify please no need to simplify the expression. Compute derivatives
- From 1803 to 1853 the U.S. acquired large quantities of land. This land was acquired mostly by: -Conquest of Mexican lands and Spanish Florida. -Purchasing