can you please paraphrase this paragraph (NOTE: please dont just change the words try to understand and write it in your own words):
1) A hard drive has only a few basic parts. There are one or more shiny silver platters where information is stored magnetically, there's an arm mechanism that moves a tiny magnet called a read-write head back and forth over the platters to record or store information, and there's an electronic circuit to control everything and act as a link between the hard drive and the rest of your computer.
2) The platters are the most important parts of a hard drive. As the name suggests, they are disks made from a hard material such as glass, ceramic, or aluminum, which is coated with a thin layer of metal that can be magnetized or demagnetized. A small hard drive typically has only one platter, but each side of it has a magnetic coating. Bigger drives have a series of platters stacked on a central spindle, with a small gap in between them. The platters rotate at up to 10,000 revolutions per minute (rpm) so the read-write heads can access any part of them.
3) There are two read-write heads for each platter, one to read the top surface and one to read the bottom, so a hard drive that has five platters (say) would need ten separate read-write heads. The read-write heads are mounted on an electrically controlled arm that moves from the center of the drive to the outer edge and back again. To reduce wear and tear, they don't actually touch the platter: there's a layer of fluid or air between the head and the platter surface.
Recently Asked Questions
- "Beauty: When the other dancer is self." : 1) how does she use cause and effect to illustrate a deeper truth about people.
- What costing system is used to assign costs to a distinct, identifiable job or service? A. Job costing system B. Process costing system C. Average
- Overview: For the final project, you will work through components of a case study in which you will assume the role of a lead auditor at Willis & Adams. Your