In professional writing, our work is often done as a team and/or reviewed by a group. If this works correctly, each of you should be assigned to a small group (4-5 people). Here, you will post a rough draft of your Persuasive Letter (Assignment) for input from your group. (Your draft should be nearly completed.)
Then each of you should comment on someone else's draft in your group. Be constructive. Focus on 'big picture' issues rather than grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Consider how effectively the draft letter accomplishes these tasks:
1. Explains (briefly) the purpose of the letter. What is the writer arguing for?
2. Makes a persuasive case. Are his/her points backed up by evidence, for instance?
3. Presents case in a well-organized manner. Does the letter flow logically?
4. Follows correct letter style.
5. Reads easily while still being informative and professional.
And, as always, the content of the letter should take your audience into consideration. Think about what he/she needs to know in order to be persuaded that your idea is worth considering and implementing. And yes, your letter should be addressed to a specific person or persons.
Recently Asked Questions
- design a web site which will contain a home page and at least six content pages. The content pages will include at least: • One page containing a form with
- A 30-year loan of L is repaid by the amortization method with payments of $1000 at the end of each year. The annual effective interest rate is i. The
- Hi!! :) Which method enables geophysicists to best visualize a magma chamber beneath a caldera or crater? Select one: a. InSAR b. LiDAR c. Ground