submit a 2- to 3 p Profile essay written to your local community on a local person you know, a place you visited, or an event you have attended*. Your profile essay should take a specific angle that represents a significant issue, important contribution, or surprising quality of your chosen subject. This essay will ask you to rely on skills of close observation, detail, and description to leave readers with a dominant impression of your subject.
This week, however, your task is to analyze the rhetorical situation for the Profile essay. You will establish your topic, clear angle, define your audience, and reflect upon your personal relationship to the subject. This assignment not only asks you to begin the writing process, but it also helps you think through the components of the rhetorical situation. Please find the Week 1 Profile Process Planning Sheet in the Files section of the Course Menu, and complete it for this week's assignment.
*Please note that you may also choose a subject that you do not yet know (but you may not profile yourself), have not yet visited, or have yet to attend, but you must be able to observe and/or visit your chosen topic within the timeframe of the assignment due date. In other words, close personal observation is a requirement of this assignment.
Be sure to achieve the following:
- Use the template provided in the Files section of the Course Menu (Week 1 Profile Process Planning Sheet) Download the file, and save it with your last name and assignment title (e.g., "Blair_Week 1 Profile Process Planning Sheet").
- put responses directly on the template in the areas specified for response. The assignment should be submitted as a Microsoft Word 2010 file (.docx).
- Write in complete sentences and paragraphs (where specified). Be sure to check your responses for depth of information, clear style, and proper mechanics (spelling, grammar, and punctuation).
- Review the rubric for this assignment to ensure that you have met the assignment goals
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from 04.06 Module Four Exam.
- I need to write a medical research paper about a cardiopulmonary disease. I chose the subject “ Chagas Disease” to be my topic. The research should be
- Many think that the NCAA has a number of significant issues/problems. Pick one issue/problem that the NCAA is currently facing or has faced over the last 10