Curtain Raiser Transcript
- What is the story of Scheherazade about? Where does the story take place? -
- The article and podcast point out some of the changes in the music of Scheherazade and how the music reflects the voices of the characters and what is happening in the story. How does the composer achieve different "voices" in this piece of music?
- How is the character Scheherazade represented in the music?
- Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov, the composer, wanted to create music that told stories. Do you think he was successful in Scheherazade? Why or why not?
- What are your impressions of Scheherazade? Did you like or dislike the music? Why?
Here's the explanation you needed for... View the full answer