1.What is Persuasion? Give three examples of the last time you were persuaded to think differently, act on something or to behave differently. Find those examples from current public discourse, the news, radio, Facebook, blogs, commercials, court cases, recent public controversies, etc. Remember the following in your answer
- Relies on purpose
- Asks an audience to think, act, or behave differently
2.Where does it function? Find specific examples of each type of persuasion listed below from contemporary culture (you may find articles online, google, local newspapers, your email account news like MSNBC or YAHOO News, Slate, Time Magazine, FOX, New York Times, etc.
- Politics, law, ceremony (morality), the marketplace
3.How does it function? Look at the organizational structure noted in Introduction to persuasion and give specific examples from either commercials, speeches, articles, law, etc. of persuasion that happens in a problem solution format.
- Proposal- sets up a problem or need and offers a fulfillment or solution.
4.What are the effects of persuasion? Give at least three specific examples of persuasion on an individual scale, a community scale and a global scale.
Individual change thought, action or behavioral, social, communal, national, global.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from chap 13.pdf. Additional comments: "What is the answer to this?"
- Modelo You hear: La joyera est al norte de la plaza, verdad? You say: No, la joyera est al este de la plaza.
- Suppose that every year the city of New York auctions off a limited number of medallions that give cab drivers an exclusive right to taxi in the city for one