Can Anybody PLEASE help me with this or find an example of one already done? Its very important!
Please let me know ASAP!
English CP 12 Sem 2
Find two media stories that represent different media but report on the same issue. You must write a 750- to 1,000-word essay comparing and contrasting the sources and analyzing the biases of the sources' creators. Your essay must objectively summarize each source before segueing into more analytical and evaluative sections in which you will make an argument and support it with evidence from the texts. You may choose any subject in the news that interests you.
Your sources may come from any of the media listed here. Please note that each of your sources must use a different medium. For example, you could use one video and one article.
- Video news
- News radio
- Newspapers and magazines
- Blog postings
Your essay should include the following elements:
- A claim that says something overall about the objectivity or the bias of the sources
- An introduction paragraph, body paragraphs, and a conclusion paragraph
- An objective summary of both sources
- In-text citations and a works-cited page
Ask yourself these questions as you revise:
- Does my essay naturally follow from my claim? Does the claim fit the essay?
- Do I compare and contrast the two sources in a way that supports my claim? Do I focus on the objectivity and bias of the two sources? Do I discuss what effect each source's medium has on its objectivity or bias?
- Do my objective summaries avoid giving an opinion? Do they show that I have a solid understanding of each source?