BIB-106 Topic 2 Review
Fill in the review as you complete the assigned readings for the
topic. This review will help you prepare for your course discussions, assignments, and examinations. The review may be used during the examinations. Be sure to include citations from the textbook. Including page numbers will allow you to locate the information when you are preparing for the exams. It is important to cite your sources.
1. What does the term Pentateuch mean, and what is another name for the Pentateuch?
2. Outline the five main points of the overarching themes of the Pentateuch:
a. Sovereignty of God:
c. Fallen Condition of Humanity:
1. What are the Enuma Elish and the Epic of Atrahasis?
2. Outline the major events within Genesis 1-11.
3. What are some important characteristics or implications of mankind being created in the image of God?
4. What is the important literary structural device found within the book of Genesis?
5. Trace the development of sin and death through Genesis 3-11.
1. Who are the patriarchs?
2. What were the promises given to Abraham when God called him out of his native country (see Gen. 12:1-3)?
3. Define the term covenant. In what chapter of Genesis does God make a covenant with Abram (hint: it is not Genesis 17, where God renews the covenant with Abraham)? How does the covenant given in that chapter relate to the promises given to Abraham in Genesis 12:1-3?
4. Describe the relationship between the covenant with Abraham and the later covenants.
5. Describe the ceremony used to ratify a covenant between the "covenant partners."
6. Describe Joseph's relation to the covenant promises.
7. Outline the main points of the theology of the patriarchal narratives:
Recently Asked Questions
- Vincent van Gogh was one of the great artist, he gave such a memorable art work to the world. Van Gogh wasborn on March 30th 1853 in Netherland, his father was
- despite the libertarian philosophy of the school, children were not free to endanger their well-being. What does this quote mean?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from NAAP Solar System Models.doc.