Explain Each quote, the understanding
1. Justice is but another name for revenge.
2. Torture is not necessarily evil if the objective is to get the truth and right a wrong.
"Imagine that you are building the edifice of human destiny with the object of making people happy in the finale, of giving them peace and rest at last, but for that you must inevitably and unavoidably torture just one tiny creature, that same child who was beating her chest with her little fist, and raise your edifice on the foundation of her unrequited tears... would you agree to be the architect of such conditions?" - Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov
3. "I am a victim, too. I know that those I tortured, they hate me, but I also hate the offices, my superiors, those who got me into this. They made me do it."- Hugo Garcia, Uraguayan torturer from 1976 - 79
4. 'All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.' 'Forgive us we forgive those who sin against us' - The Bible
5. "You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong." - Abraham Lincoln