For each topic in the following list, decide whether the claim is worth arguing to a college audience, and explain
why or why not.
- Earthquakes at Yellowstone National Park are increasing in number and intensity.
- Many people die annually of heart disease.
- The planet would benefit enormously if more people learned to eat insects.
- Boys would do better in school if there were more men teaching in elementary and secondary classrooms.
- The benefits of increasing oil and natural gas production via fracking more than outweigh the environmental downsides of the process.
- There aren't enough high-paying jobs for college graduates these days.
1) No. This is a verifiable fact, not an opinion that can be disputed or disproven. 2) See number 1. 3) Yes. This is a... View the full answer