the following activities:
1. Prepare for a speed-networking event.
Choose a company that you would be
interested in working for, as well as a job role within that company. The role you choose should be at a managerial level, such as a Marketing Manager or Human Resources Manager. You will need to be able to access enough information to be able to deliver a 2-minute pitch about the job role and company's products and services.
Assume that you have decided to attend a speed-networking event to network with other professionals to build relationships and to promote the business (without direct selling). The format for the speed-networking event is that each person has 2 minutes to present key information, so decide on what is the most effective information to present.
Your presentation/pitch should include:
• Your name (use your own name)
• Job title and brief description of role
• Company name and location
• Description of products/services offered by the company
• Who are your clients/customers?
• What makes your company stand out from its competitors?
• Reasons for attending the networking event?
2. Present at the speed-networking event
As you will be participating in a speed-networking event with other students also completing this assessment, you will complete your speed networking presentation more than once. Your assessor will observe you at least once during the speed-networking event. After your 2-minute pitch, the other student will also have up to 2 minutes to ask you questions.
During the presentation, demonstrate effective communication skills including:
• Speaking clearly and concisely
• Using non-verbal communication to assist with understanding
• Asking questions to identify required information
• Responding to questions as required
• Using active listening techniques to confirm understanding
Demonstration of these skills will ensure that you build the trust and confidence of those you are presenting to.
Recently Asked Questions
- What do i need to have in my business email to make it more interesting to audience?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from T2-DQ2.docx. Additional comments: "Consider the following
- University programs should be driven towards preparing students for the job market instead of just to get a certificate.