ERNIE SMITH: "A Brief History of the Modern-Day Straw, the World's Most Wasteful Commodity"
Questions to consider:
What is the rhetorical situation?
- What is the exigence for this text?
- Who is speaking, to whom, and about what?
- Who are you addressing the summaries to? How do they differ from the core audience?
What is the "main idea," and how is it presented to its audience?
- How might this text influence readers or affect the overall conversation?
- What is absolutely necessary for others to know about this text?
- What will you have to compress in your summary and what are the consequences?
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from BWE Sample Prompt 3.pdf.
- compare and contrast how two elementary students in the same class may differ in their physical, cognitive, and linguistic development.
- Do you find the emotional connection to camera angles and shot lengths interesting? Discuss a particular scene from a film where the camera choices created an