"Royal Beatings" by Alice Munro"Sonny's Blues" by James Baldwin"Rules of the Game" by Amy Tan
- "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- "Paul's Case" by Will Cather
- "Death by Landscape" by Margaret Atwood
- "To Room Nineteen" by Doris Lessing
Choose just one of the following topics:
- To what extent is the protagonist of the story you've chosen responsible for the conflict or predicament he or she faces?
- How does the antagonist in the story you've chosen contribute to the story's overall meaning?
- To what extent is the protagonist conditioned by his or her physical and social environments?
- Which is more important in the story you choose: the physical environment or the social environment?
In your analysis:
- Make effective use of topic sentences to identify the main ideas of your analysis.
- Support your comments with evidence (paraphrase and direct quotations) from your chosen story.
- Explain the significance of each piece of evidence you present.
- Contribute to the reader's understanding of the story as a whole.
Answer & Explanation
Unlock full access to Course Hero
Explore over 16 million step-by-step answers from our libraryGet answer
Our verified expert tutors typically answer within 15-30 minutes.