please make sure you have a properly formatted works cited page.Essay Questions:Controlled Synthesis
1. Discuss Esther's character throughout Sylvia Plath's novel The Bell Jar. Discuss her
evolution throughout the text and her growth or lack of it. Is she an effective
2. How do Esther's relationships throughout the novel affect her?
Compare and Contrast
1. In Emily Dickinson's "The Soul Has Bandaged Moments", Charlotte Perkins
Gil-man's The Yellow Wallpaper and Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, the narrators
struggle with their mental health. Compare the narrators and their respective
journeys in these three works.
2. Compare ideas of death in Emily Dickinson's "Because I Could Not Stop for Death"
and John Donne's "Death, Be Not Proud."
3. There is a prevalent theme of violence Shirley Jackson's The Lottery and Sylvia
Plath's The Bell Jar. Both stories can be almost traumatic in their content. Compare
the violence in these stories in relation to a greater American social context.
Unlock full access to Course Hero
Explore over 16 million step-by-step answers from our libraryGet answer
Our verified expert tutors typically answer within 15-30 minutes.