Please answer all of the following questions as you perform a close reading and analysis of this essay.
• What is the selection’s thesis? Locate the sentence(s) in which King states his main idea. If he doesn’t state the thesis explicitly, express it in your own words.
• In what ways do King’s references to “Jack the Ripper” and the “Cleveland Torso Murder” (paragraph 8) support his thesis?
• What does King mean in paragraph 4 when he says that horror movies are “innately conservative, even reactionary”? What does he mean in paragraph 11 when he calls them “anarchistic, and revolutionary”?
• In paragraphs 12 and 14, King refers to “alligators” and “gators.” What does the alligator represent? What does King mean when he says that all the world needs is love –“[a]s long as you keep the gators fed”?
Recently Asked Questions
- there are several key theorists discussed for their contribution to understanding human behavior in a developmental context. No one theory can account for the
- The presence of cholesterol in the plasma membranes of some animals
- In general , what did Christian denominations do following the trial of Galileo ?