1. Modus ponens reasoning is the process of forming the belief that a statement is false.
2. "If the moon is made of green cheese then pigs can fly. The moon is made of green cheese. Therefore, pigs can fly" is a well-structured argument.
3. By noting that moon rocks are made of rock and not green cheese, one would be refuting the above argument's claim of sufficiency.
4. Modus tollens reasoning is the process of forming the belief that a statement is true.
5. "If the moon is made of green cheese then pigs can fly. Pigs cannot fly. Therefore, the moon is not made of green cheese" is a well-structured argument.
6. By producing a flying pig, one would be refuting the above argument's claim that its necessary evidence is, in fact, false.
Recently Asked Questions
- The quantity s = 281,777 is an estimate of the standard deviation of the deviations in the simple linear regression model . The degrees of freedom for s are
- this question from one of the past exams for Organizational behavior course, can you solve it for me to prepare for my test. Thanks in Advance
- To investigate the relationship between intracellular calcium and pulse rate , researchers measured the free calcium concentration in the blood platelets of 38