The following T/F statements refer to the notes on Belief Formation
1. Modus ponens reasoning is the process of forming the belief that a statement is false.
2. "If the moon is made of green cheese then pigs can fly. The moon is made of green cheese. Therefore, pigs can fly" is a well-structured argument.
3. By noting that moon rocks are made of rock and not green cheese, one would be refuting the above argument's claim of sufficiency.
4. Modus tollens reasoning is the process of forming the belief that a statement is true.
5. "If the moon is made of green cheese then pigs can fly. Pigs cannot fly. Therefore, the moon is not made of green cheese" is a well-structured argument.
6. By producing a flying pig, one would be refuting the above argument's claim that its necessary evidence is, in fact, false.
Recently Asked Questions
- ASAP, please need help with these review concepts: During the Metal Age, society experienced a period of progress and urban revolution. Were social and working
- If a film is watched out of context, do you think its meaning would be lost? For example, think of a movie from the decade you were born or another film of
- Can someone help me to work this problem out so that I understand what I am doing. ThankYou