2.What attitudes and tendencies in the Creole characters does Edna have trouble adjusting to?
3. Why did Edna marry Leonce? Is he a model husband?4.What incidents reveal that he may not be a good husband for Edna?
5. How do Mlle. Reisz and Mme. Ratignolle function in relation to Edna and the novel's view of women as mothers and artists?
6.What kind of mother is Edna? What kind of artist is she?
7. How are the background characters, such as the young lovers and the lady in black at the shore, significant in Edna's story?
8. How do the flashbacks to Edna's past function? How does her father compare to the other men in her life?9. How does the view of romantic love develop in the course of the novel? What is the doctor's view of marriage and childbearing?
10.What are the main images and symbols in the novel? 11. Why does Edna get involved with Alcee Arobin?12.Why were critics outraged at this novel in 1899, saying it committed "unutterable crimes against polite society" and it should be labeled poison to protect moral babes? Why has Edna been condemned by more recent readers for her selfishness as much as for her sensuality?
13. What is your reaction to the end of the novel? Do you agree or disagree with the reasons for Edna's final action?
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between enthalpy and free energy? What is the relationship between them?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from (202) Project 1 v5.0 -- Student.xlsx.
- Discuss the applications of ANOVA (One-Way ANOVA, Two-Way ANOVA) and regression techniques in the context of e-commerce firms like Amazon, Flipkart etc.