A. From To the Right Honorable William, Earl of Dartmouth
B. “since feeling is first”
C. “Ars Poetica”
D. “I Sit and Look Out”
4. According to Archibald MacLeish, a poem should
A. celebrate the poet.
B. be, not mean.
C. oppose tyranny.
D. not feel obliged to follow the rules of syntax.
12. “since feeling is first” is best described as a _______ poem.
A. reflective C. narrative
B. discursive D. descriptive
15. Which one of the following dramatic poems is answering someone else’s question?
A. From Song of Myself
B. From To the Right Honourable William, Earl of Dartmouth
C. “Bury Me in a Free Land”
D. “Shine on, Perishing Republic”
16. Which poet “sees, hears, and is silent”?
A. Phillis Wheatley C. Carl Sandburg
B. Walt Whitman D. Robinson Jeffers
18. What does the speaker in From Song of Myself sit and observe?
A. The moonlight through the trees
B. The hustle and bustle of Chicago street life
C. The effects of slavery
D. A blade of grass
20. “since feeling is first” contrasts
A. the ancient and the modern.
B. sight and touch.
C. passion and logic.
D. people and animals.
Recently Asked Questions
- Which ofthe following statements about broad trends in financial intermediation since 1990 is FALSE: (a) housing loans have grown as a share oftotal bank loans
- What do each of the roman numerals represent in this graph of the cell cycle? aka what is g1, s, g2, M etc And how do you know?
- In simple linear regression analysis with x representing the independent variable and y representing the dependent variable , if the y intercept is negative ,