follows is (a) true beyond a reasonable doubt, (b) probably true, or (c) possibly
true or possibly false. You should expect disagreement on these items, but the
closer your answers are to your instructor’s, the better.
1. The sign on the parking meter says “Out of Order,” so the meter isn’t
2. The annual rainfall in California’s north valley averages twenty-three
inches. So the rainfall next year will be twenty-three inches.
3. You expect to get forty miles to the gallon in that? Why, that old wreck
has a monster V8; besides, it’s fifty years old and needs an overhaul.
4. In three of the last four presidential races, the winner of the Iowa Republican
primary has not captured the Republican nomination. Therefore,
the winner of the next Iowa Republican primary will not capture the
5. The New York steak, the Maine lobster, and the beef stroganoff at that
restaurant are all exceptionally good. All the entrees are excellent.
6. The number of cellular telephones has increased dramatically in each of
the past few years. Therefore there will be even more of them in use this
7. Since the graduates of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and other Ivy League
schools generally score higher on the Graduate Record Examination than
students from Central State, it follows that the Ivy League schools do
more toward educating their students than Central State does.
8. Michael Jackson has had more plastic surgery than anybody else in
California. You can bet he’s had more than anybody in Connecticut!
Recently Asked Questions
- Project : Buckland - Soccer Simulator Paper Language : C++ Source was made with Visual Studio 2010, on a machine running Windows Vista. This is old source
- The following show expression patterns of genes: a)ESTs b)tags of cDNA clones c)mRNA d)Both answers A and B e)Answers A, B, and C
- Describe Panopticism. How may it be relevant to management accounting?Give examples (about 200 words). Use images to enhance your answer