Lesson topic: revise vocabulary of animals (bear, dog, fox, crocodile,etc) at the end of a week. Choose a suitable game to do that and plan a 30-min lesson based around the game.
Age: 7-8 (young children)
Timing: 30 mins
Objective: primary objective - to consolidate vocabulary of animal names; secondary objective – to practice basic grammatical structures
Target language: no new language is taught
Assumed knowledge: twenty common animals have been taught in the last week; students know basic structures: “This is a…”, “These are…”, “I can see…”, “I have…”, and personal pronouns.
P.S. I will also try to attache a lesson plan which you've done for me before.
Elementary school students
To be able to understand a timetable, make enquiries at the Information Office and buy a train ticket
Usage of railway related vocabulary like “destination”, “time table”, “ticket fare”, “cancellation”, “travelling”
The students may be knowing basic terms relating to train and travelling and may also have previous experiences of having travelled by train.
1. Students may not know to read the time table
2. Students may confuse about some of the processes
3. Since the class is of elementary level some students may take longer time to grasp the reading of the time table
1. During the Presentation stage, spell out all the related terms
2. Give many example sentences using these terms and also provide a practical insight using simulation
3. Practice making of timetable
Preparation & Aids.
Write out a sample time table on the blackboard.
1. Warmer: Introduction and basics T-S 10 mins
2. Activity: Simulation game
a) Instructions (T-S)
b) Actual game (S-T) S-T 15 mins
3. Controlled Practice: conduct a question and answer session, put questions like, “which destination” “what is the fare” “timings” T-S-S 5 mins(included in simulation)
4. Presentation: Explanation of time table T-S 3 mins
5. Activity: preparation of time table S-T 7 mins
6. Activity: Pictionary T-S-S 5 mins
7. Lead on: Conclusion and feedback S-T-S 5 mins
We need you to clarify your question for our tutors! Clarification request:... View the full answer