Re-write these in a more direct style, eliminating the passive verb when possible.(It may help to circle the passive verb and underline both the actions and the agents.)
1. Our expectation was to pass the test.
2. Attempts were made on the part of the students to finish the project on time.
3. There will be a suspension of these programs by the dean.
4. A need for reevaluation of our test scores by the teacher exists.
5. The intention of the committee is to improve morale.
6. It is my belief that the significance of the novel is tremendous.
7. A decision had been made to put my dog to sleep.
8. She was cremated and I was given the ashes.
9. A specific time period I recall is when the tension was mounting between my parents.
10. She was a great listener when I had problems at home or in school, which was happening quite frequently.
Dear Student Please find... View the full answer