The Old and New Testaments are filled with interesting stories and personalities. Some of those personalities or characters stand out because of their faithfulness to God. Others we are familiar with because they worked against God. In any case, knowing more about these people as individuals, their backgrounds, and the cultures they came from gives us more insight and understanding into the Bible as a whole.
Learning Activity #4: Biblical Character Paper
Choose one person from the following list of well-known people from the Bible, and then complete a character study on that individual using Bible dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, etc. Write a 2-3 page paper on the individual you have chosen.
- Apostle Paul
- Apostle Peter
- King David
- King Josiah
- King Solomon
To achieve maximum points for content and analysis, the following elements need thoroughly addressed:
- Research and discuss this individual’s birth, death, family background/ancestry, early life and education/training, occupation, conversion (if applicable), historical setting of his/her life, role of geography, sin’s role in his/her life, spiritual life, major accomplishments, and major lessons learned in life.
Note: You may not find information on all of the areas above.
- Indicate why you chose this individual for your character study.
- Meet expectations provided in the Paper Writing rubric in the Syllabus.
- Provide at least two outside sources beyond the textbook, Bible, and dictionary.
This question was asked on Jan 15, 2013 and answered on Jan 16, 2013.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please help me answer the question below: not sure i understand the question
- Let f(x) = x–7 and g(x)= √ x-2 find (f/g) Find the domain of the quotient function f/8
- Problem I Consider the dissociation of iodine I2(g)<=> 2 I (g). At 1473 K, kc= 0.0258, 20.0 g of an I2/I mixture exerts a pressure of 1.30 atm in a volume of