1) The ________ of her sorority are planning to hold a reunion.
2) The ________ have been notified of the meeting.
e) stock holders
3) He enjoyed the ________ class with ________ Cates.
a) astronomy; professor
b) astronomy; Professor
c) Astronomy; Professor
d) Astronomy; professor
4) A preferred name for a female member of a fire department is
c) female fireman
5) The most suitable expression listed here for referring to a female manager is
a) lady manager
d) female manager
6) Which word is correctly spelled?
7) Robert Redford is the ________ of that ________.
a) manager; company
b) manager; Company
c) Manager; Company
d) Manager; company
8) The ________ announced the opening of their new store.
9) Which one is singular?
10) Although mathematics ________ essential, economics ________ also important in
a) is; is
b) are; are
c) are; is
d) is; are
11) The correct plural for Flores is
12) ________ of the contractors wants to know ________ going to the conference.
a) Everyone; whose
b) Everyone; who’s
c) Every one; who’s
d) Every one; whose
13) ________ will divide the money between ________.
a) Him and me; you and her
b) He and I; you and she
c) Him and I; you and she
d) He and I; you and her
14) ________ accountants cannot allow Ms. Fisher and ________ access to the records.
a) We; she
b) Us; she
c) Us; her
d) We; her
15) Which one is incorrect?
a) He loves his wife more than her.
b) I know the president better than him.
c) I know the president better than he.
d) He loves his wife more than she.
e) none of the above
16) Which one is correct?
a) The company closed it’s offices.
b) The company closed there offices.
c) The company closed its offices.
d) The company closed their offices.
17) Which one is correct?
a) The jury announced there verdict.
b) The jury announced their verdict.
c) The jury announced its verdict.
d) The jury announced it’s verdict.
e) The jury announced its’ verdict.
18) Which sentence is incorrect?
a) Aerojet Corp. has its offices here.
b) The IRS revised its forms again.
c) AVCO wants its bills paid promptly.
d) none of the above
19) The man ________ you should marry is the one ________ gave me the portfolio.
a) who; whom
b) whom; whom
c) whom; who
d) who; who
20) Which one is incorrect?
a) Each of the players have a locker.
b) He said that the computer is broken.
c) We knew that rivers flow south.
d) There go the members of the cast.
21) Though Cate & Dove Co. ________ closed, each delegate and alternate ________
a) were; were
b) were; was
c) was; was
22) Which is correct?
a) The box of tools are on the table.
b) The box of tools is on the table.
c) The tools is on the table.
d) There are a box of tools on the table.
23) When I ________ your aide, your office ________ in the other building.
a) was; were
b) was; was
c) were; were
d) were; was
24) Which one is correct?
a) The choir sung for an hour.
b) We both quit yesterday.
c) My toes had froze.
d) Thermostats costed $125.
25) The simple past tense form of the verb begin is
b) has began
c) has begun
d) begund) was; were
Recently Asked Questions
- Evaluate the internal processes or strategies within an organization in which you are involved, such as your workplace, school, church, or community group, in
- Please answer the following case study. The Managing Partner of the corporate advisory firm in which you work was very pleased with your work in preparing a
- Because of your excellent economics background, you have been hired as a consultant to evaluate the operations of King Tutelage, a local non-profit