I need help with thisNext, you will be filling in the procedures section of the Lesson Plan template. This is the main part of your lesson plan and should be the most detailed. This is where you are going to discuss how you will teach the lesson using each of the procedures listed. Here are some guidelines for each section:
• Anticipatory Set: The anticipatory set is to be a very brief activity that gains the attention of the students. It may be a book, a song, a poem, a short news article, etc., that catches the attention of your students and sparks an interest in the topic of the lesson. This will be no more than 5 minutes.
• Review: Review means briefly going over material previously taught that will help the students make a connection with the topic that will be taught in this lesson. This will be no more than 5 minutes.
• Instruction: This is the direct instruction portion of your lesson plan and must, therefore, be the most detailed. Use numbers or bullets to write out step-by-step what you will actually teach the students about this topic. Only include the steps of how you will teach the lesson in this section. PowerPoint presentations, interactive notebooks, graphic organizers, Smart Board presentations, etc., are all acceptable things to use to help teach your lesson. However, this is not the place to include instructions for completing activities used in your guided or independent practice. The time spent on this section will vary depending on the grade level for which the plan is designed.
• Guided Practice: In this section, students will practice as a group or small groups what has been taught in the instruction section. You will give immediate feedback to allow students to self-correct if necessary. Depending on the time frame of your activity, you may be able to complete 2 or 3 guided practice activities before you have the students complete the independent practice. The time spent on this section will vary depending on the grade level for which the plan is designed.
• Independent Practice: The independent practice is designed to reflect the objective. Whatever practice you expect the students to accomplish in the objective will be included in the activity you choose to have them do independently. (Note that this should not be a group activity.) This will help you to assess whether each student meets the objective. This may be an assignment you send home with them as homework, or it may be completed in class (as time allows).
• Closure: How will you tie your lesson together and bring it to a close? This will be a short summary/review of the material taught in the lesson. This section will take only a few minutes.
Once you have added your pre-assessment and procedures to your lesson plan, you will submit Stage 4 via the assignment link provided in Blackboard. Stage 4 is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 5.
Recently Asked Questions
- Hello Mink1820, Would it possible if you can help me with my Biochemistry work? The study guide/questions that you have posted are very helpful, do you have
- A normal curve is? A theoretical ideal Applicable to all real life research situations Positively skewed All of the above
- Discuss the effect of inflation on project cash flows. Also, WATCH the YouTube video " Consequences of Inflation ", hosted by tutor2u. What are some