Please can you help with those questions? Discuss the significance...
Please can you help with those questions?
- Discuss the significance of Myop's experience in Alice Walker's The Flowers . (Textual evidence is required)
- Compare the ending of Alice Walker's The Flowers with that of William Faulkner's A Rose for Emily . What is the effect of the ending on your reading of each story? (Textual evidence is required)
- Compare and contrast Matt's motivation for murder in Dubus's Killings with Emily's in Faulkner's A Rose for Emily . Which character made you feel more empathy and sympathy for his or her actions? Why?
- Compare and contrast Faulkner's characterizations of Abner Snopes in Barn Burning and Miss Emily in A Rose for Emily . How does the author generate sympathy for each character even though both are guilty of terrible crimes? Which character do you find more sympathetic? Explain why. (Textual evidence is required)
- How does Abner Snopes's motivation for revenge compare with Matt Fowler's in Dubus's Killings ? How do the victims of each character's revenge differ and thereby help to shape the meanings of each story? (Textual evidence is required)
Answer & Explanation
Unlock full access to Course Hero
Explore over 16 million step-by-step answers from our libraryGet answer
Our verified expert tutors typically answer within 15-30 minutes.