Hi, may I ask some writing helps on "The Resilient City" as Colorado Springs.
Overview: Consider the following quote from Resilient Cities: Responding to Peak Oil and Climate Change:
"Resilience can be applied to cities. They too need to last, to respond to crisis and adapt in a way that may cause them to change and grow differently; cities require an inner strength, a resolve, as well as a strong physical infrastructure and built environment." (Newman, Beatley, & Boyer, 2009).
Instructions: For this assignment, choose a U.S. city that you are familiar with or one you would like to learn more about. After choosing a city, write a minimum of 1500 words, answering the following questions below.
- Provide a brief introduction about the city and why you chose it.
- What, if anything, makes this city vulnerable with regard to climate change?
- What might happen to this city in the future if it continues 'business as usual' and no steps are taken to increase its resiliency?
- How can the city's built environment be changed to increase its resiliency?
- How can the city's transportation system be modified to increase resiliency?
- What might be an effective way to implement a resiliency plan for this city, or improve upon an existing plan?
Feel free to use GIS, photos, maps, or other creative visual images or techniques to illustrate your point.
Recently Asked Questions
- "Delivery Strategies" Please respond to the following: Provide examples of three value-added support strategies geared toward helping a nursing home to
- I need help with this worksheet. I really don’t understand how to it.
- Need some help with this one. find the real zeros of the given polynomial and their corresponding multiplic- ities. Use this information along with a sign