Ecstasy of St. Theresa, Bernini vs. Swing, Fragonard
ASSIGNMENT: essay comparing and contrasting two works of art from two different styles covered in this course between the periods of the High Renaissance and Impressionism. One of your selected works of art must be from AFTER the midterm (Modules 8-14) You must cover the following points in your comparison:
Introduction and Thesis
- Introduce the artwork titles, period styles and artists names
- Briefly state what you believe is significant about these artworks
- In other words... Tell your reader what works of art you will be discussing and why you think they are important
- Correctly identify artwork titles, period styles and artists names
- Compare the artworks by discussing key stylistic characteristics associated with artists and period styles
- Apply art history vocabulary correctly and uses it to support your stylistic analysis
- In other words... What make these works stylistically significant?
- Compare the artworks by discussing key cultural issues associated with artists and periods
- Discuss how the cultural context of each period influenced the artistic development of the period style (Make connections between cultural context and style)
- In other words... What makes these works culturally significant?
Conclusion and Thematic Connection
- Analyze the ways art can affect and/or reflect cultural, political and social issues
- Draw conclusions about the artist / society which produced the artwork from the comparison
- In other words... What "Thematic Connection" can you make between the two works of art that helps you better understand them or the culture they represent?
Recently Asked Questions
- Titan Mining Corporation has 6.7 million shares of common stock outstanding, 240,000 shares of 3.8 percent preferred stock outstanding, and 125,000 bonds with
- "When the Courts apply the rules of statutory interpretation , they often end up making the law, not just explaining it" By referring to relevant case law,
- Using a two dimensional array, write a short program that allows to enter grades for 3 courses for a class size of 5 students. Once all the data entry is