1. Consider a five-year bond paying 10 percent coupon annually. The bond is priced at $1,200.
a. Find the yield to maturity.
b. Find the realized yield, assuming that coupons are reinvested at the yield to maturity.
c. Find the realized yield, assuming that coupons are reinvested at the following rates: r0=9%, r1=9.5%, r2=10%, r3=10.5%, r4=11%, r5=11.5%.
d. Refer to part (c). Explain why the yield is different than the yield to maturity.
2. An 81/2 30-year US corporate bond is callable in 12 years. It is currently sold at a price of $960. The call premium is 10 percent. The prevailing market interest rate at the call date is 8 percent.
a. What is the yield to call to an investor who does not reinvest the call price at the prevailing interest rate at the call date?
b. What is the yield to call to an investor who reinvests the call price at the prevailing interest rate at the call date?
3. Consider a 90-day Treasury bill whose price is 94.5%.
a. Find the yield on a discount basis.
b. Find the yield on a coupon equivalent basis.
c. Find the effective yield.
Recently Asked Questions
- Name six roles that may be found in a typical systems development project and describe the responsibilities of each role.
- In a PRINCE2® project structure there are formal committees, a project board and specific roles. What is your opinion about the value of this kind of
- 1.According to the State Board of Nursing in your state, what is the Registered Nurses responsibility in treating a patient’s pain? 2 Based on the laws of