1. Consider a five-year bond paying 10 percent coupon annually. The bond is priced at $1,200.
a. Find the yield to maturity.
b. Find the realized yield, assuming that coupons are reinvested at the yield to maturity.
c. Find the realized yield, assuming that coupons are reinvested at the following rates: r0=9%, r1=9.5%, r2=10%, r3=10.5%, r4=11%, r5=11.5%.
d. Refer to part (c). Explain why the yield is different than the yield to maturity.
2. An 81/2 30-year US corporate bond is callable in 12 years. It is currently sold at a price of $960. The call premium is 10 percent. The prevailing market interest rate at the call date is 8 percent.
a. What is the yield to call to an investor who does not reinvest the call price at the prevailing interest rate at the call date?
b. What is the yield to call to an investor who reinvests the call price at the prevailing interest rate at the call date?
3. Consider a 90-day Treasury bill whose price is 94.5%.
a. Find the yield on a discount basis.
b. Find the yield on a coupon equivalent basis.
c. Find the effective yield.
Recently Asked Questions
- could you help me with this assignment please. I already tried
- 7 years ago, you purchased shares of stock in a corporation. Between then and now, the stock had a 3:1 split, and the price per share increased by 21%. What
- Fun Toys, Inc., makes Starbucky’s, an evil scientist doll for children. Starbucks Coffee sues Fun Toys for trademark infringement. Who should prevail in