1. Philip has two outstanding payment for a loan that he gave his friend:$3650,dut two months ago, and another payment of $900,due in eight months. If his friend promises to make one single payment in five months that would be equivalent to both of these payments, what should be the size of the payment? Assume that money earns 3% p.a.simple interest and use five months from now as the focal date.
2. A loan of $30,000 at 5% p.a.is to be settled with three equal installments in three months, six months and nine months. Calculate the size of the equal payments. Let the focal date be six months from now.
Show the formula and answer these questions.
Recently Asked Questions
- Does demand curves slope downward? How do wages affect labor supply? How do interest rates affect household savings?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Question 7.docx. Additional comments: "these umbers do not match the
- Given all of the press about governmental entitlement programs, and the possibility that Social Security will be unsustainable in 30 years, if you could make a