A microwave manufacturer is considering introducing two different oven models, a simple version and one with an auto-defrost. The manufacturer has determined that men value a simple microwave at $70 and one with auto-defrost at $80, while women value a simple microwave at $80 and one with auto-defrost at $150. Thus, men value the auto-defrost feature at $10 while women value this feature at $70. Answer the questions below assuming, for simplicity, there are two consumers - one man and one woman.
- How much revenue would be earned by selling a single microwave (with auto-defrost) to both men and women?
- How much revenue would be earned by selling a single microwave (with auto-defrost) only to women?
- How much revenue would be earned by selling a simple microwave targeted to men and an auto-defrost version targeted to women?
- What pricing strategy yields the highest revenue?
Recently Asked Questions
- Scenario : Monetary Approach in the Long-run What is the expected rate of real depreciation for the U . S . versus the United Kingdom ?
- If the U . S . interest rate is 4 % per year and the U . K . interest rate is 9 % per year , which of the following statements is true ?
- 2 . What is the profit maximizing price ? Points : 1