1. Explain the current forecasting method used in the case.
Who uses the demand forecast?
What are the consequences if the demand forecasting is inaccurate?
2. Create a demand forecast for the PVB product family for the next quarter using the following methods:
A. Moving Average Method
B. Exponential Smoothing Method using ∝=0.20, and ∝=0.75.
C. Time Series Decomposition Using CMA (Centered Moving Average) Method
D. Time Series Decomposition Using SMM (Simple Mean Method)
3. How do your demand forecasts using the above methods compare to Wilkins' demand forecast?
4. As Bernie Barge, what would you recommend to management and why? How should Barge convince management to follow his recommendations? Develop an action plan.
Recently Asked Questions
- Normal goods are defined as having a positive income elasticity. We can divide normal goods into two types: Those whose income elasticity is less than one and
- Research and development activities are widely considered to have positive effects. Consider the market for innovation. The market demand for patents is
- In a market where the supply curve is perfectly inelastic, how does an excise tax affect the price paid by consumers and the quantity bought and sold?