1. Do you believe Blaine's current capital structure and payout policies are appropriate? Why or why not?
2. Should Dubinski recommend a large share repurchase to Blaine's board? What are the primary advantages and disadvantages of such a move?
3. Consider the following share repurchase proposal: Blaine will use $209 million of cash from its balance sheet and $50 million in new debt-bearing interest at the rate of 6.75% to repurchase 14 million shares at a price of $18.50 per share. How would such a buyback affect Blaine? Consider the impact on, among other things, BKI's earnings per share and ROE, its interest coverage and debt ratios, the family's ownership interest and the company's cost of capital.
4. As a member of Blaine's controlling family, would you be in favor of this proposal? Would you be in favor of it as a non-family shareholder?
5. How does the proposal sketched above differ from a special dividend of $4.39 per share?
Recently Asked Questions
- Liberalism is committed to the principle that every individual is of equal moral worth but a state/tribe/society’s privileging some individuals over others
- Write an essay of at least three paragraphs, supporting the assertion that Lady Macbeth and Macbeth both waver between extreme confidence and great doubt. Be
- Using the following Beth Israel Hospital Income Statement Entries to answer the questions below: Place the following entries in the proper order and