M3D1: Fuling Plastics: A Fork in the Road
No unread replies. No replies.
Fuling Plastics USA is a subsidiary of Fuling Global, Inc (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.(Nasdaq ticker symbol FORK). Fuling manufactures environmentally-friendly plastic food-service disposable products ('disposables').
Historic strength - production of disposable cutlery, the quality and value of which has satisfied the exacting requirements of large, sophisticated, multinational purchasers that have decades of experience sourcing foodservice disposables.
- their largest customer base is in the United States, which accounts for more than 90% of their revenues. Fuling has been in discussion with Bunzl Distribution USA, which owns and operates more than 100 warehouses that serve all 50 states and Puerto Rico, as well as Canada, the Caribbean and parts of Mexico. Bunzl Distribution controls more than 4,000 employees and 400,000-plus items in stock at any time (Bunzl Distribution, 2016). You are the finance manager for Fuling Plastics, USA.
-substantial opportunities for growth exist. You have been invited to discuss Fuling Plastics, USA's financial ability to take advantage of these opportunities. An acquisition of Bunzl'ssupply chain abilities and existing assets are seen as an important strategy in managing Fuling Plastics' growth rate.
Assume that current sales are growth may exceed 50% in the upcoming year, and the Bunzl partnership may help alleviate the need for an expansion in fixed assets through other means.
- The company hopes to achieve at least a 25% growth in sales in the coming year. At the current level of sales, with Bunzl additions, capacity utilization will stand at 80%.
- Fuling maintains a fixed dividend ratio of 33.3%.
-current liabilities do not vary spontaneously with sales; disregard the effects of depreciation.
50% increase in sales
Current Assets (Ratio to Sales)
Increase in Liabilities and Owner's Equity
Net fixed assets (Ratio to Sales)
Costs (Ratio to Sales)
Leave total net wo1king capital unchanged
Keep dividend payout ratio constant
- Compute and evaluate Fuling's external financing needed (EFN) in the event that sales grow 25% in the upcoming year, and explain each factor which the company must consider in planning for this level of growth. Specifically, consider capacity utilization and external financing needed.
- Compute and evaluate Fuling's options in the event that sales subsequently grow an additional 50% and the firm wishes to maintain current assets at 20% of sales, explaining which components of its financial policy the company must consider in planning for this level of growth. Specifically, consider profit margin, dividend policy, financial policy, and total asset turnover.
Bunzl Distribution. (2016). Your source for food packaging, cleaning products, plastic packaging and more. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Fuling Plastics USA. (2015). Home. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Recently Asked Questions
- Text book for economic is Today for economics by Irvin. Here are few exams which I need solution related to micro economics and macro economics.
- I have a question in Warren E Buffett 2005 case study, Can I ask why Berkshire invested in Big Four companies( Coca-Cola, Gillette, Amex, Wells Fargo)
- I need help in this homework. 1. Write an abstract structure of a linked list using the given methods check if the structure is empty, add node, remove node.