1. The most recent estimate of the daily volatility of an asset is 1.5% and the price of the asset at the
close of trading yesterday was $30.00. The parameter λ in the EWMA model is 0.94. Suppose that the price of the asset at the close of trading today is $30.50. How will this cause the volatility to be updated by the EWMA model?
2) Suppose that GARCH(1,1) parameters have been estimated as ω = 0.000003, α = 0.04, and β = 0.94. The current daily volatility is estimated to be 1%. Estimate the daily volatility in 30 days.
Recently Asked Questions
- Describe a horizontal merger and explain how it can create value forshareholders? (Select all of the choices below thatapply.) A. Horizontal mergers are more
- Today is 1 July 2019. Jenny has a portfolio which consists of three different types of financial instruments (henceforth referred to as instrument A,
- Today is 1 july 2019, Jenny will use part of the sale proceeds of these instruments to purchase a corporate bond with a coupon rate of j2 = 3.7% p.a. and face