a) Zambridin needs an additional fund of $1,200,000 to finance its short term project. The
project will take eight (8) months to be completed. The company has the following alternatives to choose from. Calculate the effective cost for each of the following alternatives.
A loan from ABC Bank at a discounted interest rate of 8 percent per annum and 15 percent compensating balance. The present account balance of the company is $150,000.
Issue a commercial paper with a face value of $100,000 each at 9 percent per annum. The issuing cost is $1,500 per paper.
Forego trade credit with the following credit terms of 3/15 net 50.
A revolving credit facility of $1,500,000 which charges 10 percent annual interest rate on the used amount, 3 percent commitment fee on the unused portion. The bank also requires a 10 percent compensating balance.
Choose the best alternative and provide reasons for your answer
b) Differentiate two (2) types of environment in financial management framework.
a)Farhana works as financial manager at Teratak Corporation, she were ask to submit a pro-forma statement of financial position as at 31 December 2018 and compute additional fund needed by the firm. The firm's current revenue stood at $2,375,000 and the firm is planning to increase its revenue next year by 40 percent. Currently, the firm is operating at full capacity.
STATEMENT OF FINANCIAL POSITION AS AT 31 DECEMBER 2017
Prepaid Expenses 180,000
Account Receivable 570,000
Plant & Equipment 3,000,000
TOTAL ASSETS 4,570,000
Trade Creditor 200,000
Tax Accruals 60,000
Accrued wages 228,000
Notes Payable 175,000
Common Stock 2,000,000
Retained Earnings 840,000
TOTAL LIABILITIES & EQUITIES 4,570,000
• The net earnings for the year was $365,250
• Dividend currently paid was $249,375
b)Explain any three (3) factors influencing the choice of buying marketable securities
Recently Asked Questions
- What's the present value of $17,000 discounted back 5 years if the appropriate interest rate is 4.5% with 10 periods, compounded semiannually?
- What does it mean that: 1) volatility of interest rates and 2) frequent renewals are the two risks a firm faces by funding the purchase of long-term assets
- What does it mean in financing business operations when using the capital market to sell securities to the public that an underwriter assumes the risk of the