Solved by Expert Tutors
Question 1 (15 marks) Happy Times Corporation currently has an all cash credit policy. It is considering making a change in its credit policy. The...
Solved by Expert Tutors
Question

Question 1 (15 marks) Happy Times Corporation currently has an all

cash credit policy. It is considering making a change in its credit policy. The new terms would be net 30 days. Current Policy New Policy Price per unit $82 $84 Cost per unit $43 $43 Unit sales per month 4,150 4.380 (a) Based on the information above, determine if Happy Times should proceed or not. The required return is 3 percent per month. (9 marks) (b) What is the break-even quantity for the new credit policy? (3 marks) (c) What is the break-even price per unit under the new credit policy? Assuming all other values remain the same. (3 marks) Question 2 (20 marks) Dilana Corporation., has no debt outstanding and a total capital of $600,000. Operating earnings (Earnings before interest and taxes, EBIT) are projected to be $30,000 if economic conditions are normal, $50,000 if conditions are good, and $0 if conditions are bad. The economic conditions are expected to be good with probability of 25%, normal with probability of 50%, and bad with a probability of 25%. Dilana is considering a $120,000 debt issue with a 10% interest rate. The proceeds will be used to repurchase shares of stock. There are currently 12,000 shares outstanding. Ignore taxes in this question. (a) What is the current share price? (2 marks) (b) Calculate earnings per share [EPS] under each of the three economic scenarios before any debt is issued. Also calculate the expected EPS. (6 marks) (c) Calculate return on equity [ROE] under each of the three economic scenarios before any debt is issued. Also calculate the expected ROE. (6 marks) d) Repeat part (b) assuming that Dilana goes through with recapitalization. What do you observe? (3 marks) (e) Repeat part (c) assuming that Dilana goes through with recapitalization. What do you observe? (3 marks) Question 3 (15 marks) (a) The Cold Fusion Corporation has established that its optimal cash balance using the BAT model is C*= N$3, 821. Its fixed cost of replenishing cash balances per transaction is N$10 and the interest rate on marketable securities is 5 percent. How much cash does the Corporation require per year? (4 marks) (b) Redan Manufacturing uses 2,500 switch assemblies per week and then reorders another 2,500. If the relevant carrying cost per switch assembly is $10, and the fixed order cost is $2,400, is Redan's inventory policy optimal? Why or why not? If it is not then determine it optimal order size. (8 marks) (c) Using Miller-Orr Slap Shot Corporation has a fixed cost associated with buying and selling marketable securities of $100. The interest rate is currently 1 percent per day, and the firm has estimated that the standard deviation of its daily net cash flows is $50. Management has set a lower limit of $1,100 on cash holdings. Describe how the system will work.

Step-by-step answer

at, ultrices ac magna. Fusce dui lectus, congue vel laoreet

usce dui l

usce dui

a. Fusce

fficitur laoreet. Nam risus ante, d

itur laoreet. Nam risus ante, da

facilisis. Pellentesque dapibus efficitur laoreet

trices ac magna. Fusce dui lectus, congue vel lao

trices ac mag

at, ultrices ac m

nec facilisis. Pellentesque

acinia pulvi

sus ante, dapibus a molestie consequat, ultrices ac magna. Fusce dui lectus, congue vel laoreet ac, dictum vitae odio. Donec aliquet. L

1.png

molestie consequat, ultrices ac magna. Fusce dui lectus, congue

2.png

Fusce dui lect

3.png

molestie consequat, ultrices ac magna. Fusce dui lectus, congue

4.png

a. Fu

5.png

e vel laoreet ac, dictum vitae odio. Donec aliquet. Lorem ipsu

6.png

ur la

7.png

e vel laoreet ac, dictum vitae odio. Donec aliquet. Lorem ipsu

8.png

9.png

e vel laoreet ac, dictum vitae odio. Donec aliquet. Lorem ipsu

10.png

11.PNG

12.PNG

13.PNG

14.PNG

15.PNG

16.PNG

17.PNG

sus ante, dapibus a molestie consequat, ultrices ac magna. Fusce dui lectus, congue vel laoreet ac, dictum vitae odio. Donec aliquet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam lacinia pulvinar tortor nec facilisis. Pellentesque dapibus efficitur laoreet. Nam risus ante, dapibus a molestie consequat, ultri

18.PNG


, ultrices ac mag

lestie consequat, ultrices ac magna. Fusce dui lectus, congue vel laoreet ac, dictum vitae odio. Donec aliquet. Lorem ipsum

1.png
i o a e , dictum vi s a molestie c usce dui l a m risus ante, mol or s ia pulvinar t cin cin a o. Donec aliquet. Lo ec f Don m gue v tesque d ec aliqu i ipis or nec f sum dolo n onec a consectetur

Subscribe to view the full answer

Subject: Business, Finance

Why Join Course Hero?

Course Hero has all the homework and study help you need to succeed! We’ve got course-specific notes, study guides, and practice tests along with expert tutors.

  • -

    Study Documents

    Find the best study resources around, tagged to your specific courses. Share your own to gain free Course Hero access.

    Browse Documents
  • -

    Question & Answers

    Get one-on-one homework help from our expert tutors—available online 24/7. Ask your own questions or browse existing Q&A threads. Satisfaction guaranteed!

    Ask a Question