This question has been answered
Question

Rene's Renovations Inc. is planning a major expansion program requiring $5,000,000 in financing.

Option #1: Rene's may sell bonds with an 8% coupon rate, or

Option #2: Rene's may sell 200,000 shares of common stock to get the needed funds.


After the expansion there is a 30% probability of EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes) being $2 million, a 50% probability of EBIT being $3 million and a 20% probability of EBIT being $4 million. The following data was taken from the firm's pre-expansion income statement:


Interest expense $100,000

Tax Rate 40%

Common shares outstanding $300,000


  1. a) Calculate the EPS based on the expected EBIT under each alternative. (5 marks)
  2. b) Which plan would you chose at this level of EBIT? (1 mark)
  3. c) Which option will have the higher DFL (Degree of Financial Leverage - no calculation required)? (1
  4. mark)
  5. d) What level of EBIT would yield the same EPS for the stock and debt alternatives? (5 marks)
  6. e) What EPS corresponds to this level of EBIT? (2 marks)
  7. f) Instead of Option #2 (issuing 200,000 common shares), if the company decided they should issue only 100,000 common shares at $25 each and finance the remainder of the project with 3% preferred shares, what would the indifference point be? (5 marks) 
Answered by Expert Tutors
Step-by-step explanation
The student who asked this found it Helpful
Overall rating 100%
Other answer
Step-by-step explanation
3 Attachments
working 2.png
png
working 3.png
png
working.png
png
The student who asked this found it Unhelpful
Overall rating 0%

"Literally coped and pasted from Chegg, I did not pay for this tutor to give me an answer thats already available on another platform. Did not solve anything."

Subject: Business, Finance
Rene's Renovations Inc. is planning a major expansion program requiring $5,000,000 in financing. Option #1: Rene's may sell bonds with an 8% coupon...
Get unstuck

204,222 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week

step by step solutions

Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses