14) Your firm is considering leasing a new computer. The lease lasts for 9 years. The lease calls for 10 payments of $1,000 per year with the first payment occurring immediately. The computer would cost $7,650 to buy and would be straight-line depreciated to a zero salvage over 9 years. The actual salvage value is negligible because of technological obsolescence. The firm can borrow at a rate of 8%. The corporate tax rate is 30%.
What is the after-tax cash flow from leasing relative to the after-tax cash flow from purchasing in years 1-9?
15) Your firm is considering leasing a new robotic milling control system. The lease lasts for 5 years. The lease calls for 6 payments of $300,000 per year with the first payment occurring at lease inception. The black box would cost $1,050,000 to buy and would be straight-line depreciated to a zero salvage. The actual salvage value is zero. The firm can borrow at 8%, and the corporate tax rate is 34%.
What is the maximum lease payment that you would be willing to make?
Recently Asked Questions
- _____ refers to the sum total of the energy utilized throughout an entire product life cycle, including already emitted greenhouse gases. Embodied energy
- An agency is having problems with personal phone calls made during working hours. Each minute of a personal call costs the agency $0.08 in wasted wages. The
- The Cain Company has just completed a physical inventory count at year end, December 31, 2017. Only the items on the shelves, in storage, and in the receiving