The Three Rules of Time Travel
3. Calculate the future value of $2000 in
a. Five years at an interest rate of 5% per year.
b. Ten years at an interest rate of 5% per year.
c. Five years at an interest rate of 10% per year.
d. Why is the amount of interest earned in part (a) less than half the amount of interest earned in part (b)?
4. What is the present value of $10,000 received
a. Twelve years from today when the interest rate is 4% per year?
b. Twenty years from today when the interest rate is 8% per year?
c. Six years from today when the interest rate is 2% per year?
9. You are thinking of retiring. Your retirement plan will pay you either $250,000 immediately on retirement or $350,000 five years after the date of your retirement. Which alternative should you choose if the interest rate is
a. 0% per year?
b. 8% per year?
c. 20% per year?
14. You have been offered a unique investment opportunity. If you invest $10,000 today, you will receive $500 one year from now, $1500 two years from now, and $10,000 ten years from now.
a. What is the NPV of the opportunity if the interest rate is 6% per year? Should you take the opportunity?
b. What is the NPV of the opportunity if the interest rate is 2% per year? Should you take it not?
19. What is the present value of $1000 paid at the end of each of the next 100 years if the interest rate is 7% per year?
Recently Asked Questions
- Construct a system of 4 nonlinear equations using the combination of sin(xi), cos(xi), xi^2, xi^3, exp(xi), i = 1,2,3,4. The equation format looks like the
- Please choose from the three answers below based on the attached information. Please show your work so that I know how you came up with the answer. Thank you
- Need help choosing a specific research question! I am taking a first year political science (Technology, Nature, Power) course. As our final paper we have been