Sales price per unit= $10
Variable cost per unit= $5
Fixed costs= $10,000
Bonds outstanding= $15,000
Interest rate on outstanding bonds= 8%
Tax rate= 40%
Dividend payout ratio= 60%
Expected long term growth rate= 8%
Shares of common stock outstanding= 10,000 shares
Current rate on government T- Bonds= 5%
Expected return on the stock market= 9%
2. According to www.bondpage.com, on Feb 22, 2006, dealers were offering the US government's 10.625% 2015 Treasury Bond for "145.958." Answerthe following about the bond:
a. What is the price in dollars of the bond?
b. What is the amount of the coupon interest payment you would receive each year if you bought the bond? (assume annual payments)
c. How many payments would you receive if you bought the bond and held it to maturity? (how many years does the bond have to go before it matures)
d. What is the bonds yield to maturity, assuming you purchased it for the current offering price?
3. Assume you are planning how to finance your child's college education. The child is 3 yrs old now so there are 15 years to go before your child enters college at age 18. According to your estimates you will need $80,000 in the bank at that time.
a. If you believe you can earn 9% a year, on average, between now and the time your child starts college, how much will you have to invest between now and then inorder to reach your target?
b. It appears the annual payment required to reach your target is more than you can afford. If the most you can afford to invest each year is $12,000, what average annual rate of return must you earn in order to reach your target?
Recently Asked Questions
- For each of the examples determine if the application of the earnings method is valid or invalid for establishing a Performance Measurement Baseline. Check the
- Jubal owns an older office building in a part of town that has seen better days. He has been trying to sell it for two years, but has had no offers and very
- Hi, The first 3 pictures are the procedure for the lab. Last picture is my data and graphs. Please answer the questions inside the blue boxes. Thank you!!