The balance sheet for Stud Clothiers is shown below. Sales for the year were $2,400,000, with 90 percent of sales sold on credit.
Balance Sheet 200X
Assets Liabilities and Equity
Cash $ 60,000 Accounts payable $ 220,000
Accounts receivable 240,000 Accrued taxes 30,000
Inventory 350,000 Bonds payable (long-term) 150,000
Plant and equipment 410,000 Common stock 80,000
Paid-in capital 200,000
Retained earnings 380,000
Total assets $1,060,000 Total liabilities and equity $1,060,000
Compute the following ratios:
1) Current ratio:
2) Quick ratio.
3) Debt-to-total-assets ratio.
4) Asset turnover.
5) Average collection period.
Company has the following ratios compared to its industry for 2005.
Acme Transportation Industry
Return on assets 9% 6%
Return on equity 12% 24%
Explain why the return-on-equity ratio is so much less favorable than the return-on-assets ratio compared to the industry. No numbers are necessary; a one-sentence answer is all that is required.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from 751 Team PPT deck Week #3 Team 2.pptx. Additional comments: "Please
- A boy has a height of 4 feet and 4 inches at age 8. According to current height charts, the mean height at this age is 4 feet 2 inches, with standard deviation
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from 2690-Lesson1-PE.doc.