Given the following information for Bellevue Power Co., the WACC is percent. Assume the company's tax rate is 34 percent. (Do not include the percent sign (%). Round your answer to 2 decimal places, e.g. 32.16.)
4,500 5.5 percent coupon bonds outstanding, $1,000 par value, 21 years to maturity, selling for 102 percent of par; the bonds make semiannual payments.
99,000 shares outstanding, selling for $55 per share; the beta is 1.15.
13,500 shares of 5 percent preferred stock outstanding, currently selling for 104 per share.
6 percent market risk premium and 4.5 percent risk-free rate.
HERE ARE SOME HINTS
2. First, find the market value for each type of financing by multiplying the shares outstanding by their market prices.
3. Be careful in computing the market value of debt.
4. Determine the capital structure weights for each type of financing.
5. Use the appropriate approach for finding the Cost of Equity. This will depend upon the information given to you in the problem.
6. Find the Cost of Debt (don't forget about the taxes).
7. Find the Cost of Preferred Stock (remember, preferred stock is like a perpetuity).
8. Use the WACC formula to solve the problem.
Recently Asked Questions
- The nurse is teaching a nutrition class and knows the students understand the content of the lecture on nutrition and diabetes when a student is heard to say ,
- All of the following refer to external factors that impact international pricing EXCEPT ________ .
- The most direct way in which money replaces barter is through its use as a