a. What is the value of your investment two years from now? Multiply$5,000 by .926 (one year's discount rate at 8 percent).
b. What is the value of your investment one year from now? Multiply your answer to part a by .926 (one year's discount rate at 8 percent).
c. What is the value of your investment today? Multiply your answer to part b by .926 (one year's discount rate at 8 percent).
d. Confirm that your answer to part c is correct by going to Appendix B (present value of $1) for n=3 and i=8 percent. Multiply this tabular value by $5,000 and compare your answer to part c. There may be a slight difference due to rounding.
2. If you invest $9,000 today, how much will you have:
a. In 2 years at 9 percent?
b. In 7 years at 12 percent?
3. Your uncle offers you a choice of $30,000 in 50 years or $95 today. If money is discounted at 12 percent, which should you choose?
Recently Asked Questions
- (50 points) You’ve been given the following information about the Project Delta. The project started on October 23, 2017 and the project manager asks
- A merger between two competitors may be approved by the Department of Justice and the FTC if the two companies can substantiate ________ as a result of the
- Which one of following statements is true ?