2. How much would $20,000 due in 50 years be worth today if the discount rate were 7.5%?
3. Suppose the U.S. Treasury offers to sell you a bond for $747.25. No payments will be made until the bond matures 5 years from now, at which time it will be redeemed for $1,000. What interest rate would you earn if you bought this bond at the offer price?
4. Bob has $2,500 invested in a bank that pays 4% annually. How long will it take for his funds to double?
5. You want to buy a new sports car 3 years from now, and you plan to save $4,200 per year, beginning one year from today. You will deposit your savings in an account that pays 5.2% interest. How much will you have just after you make the 3rd deposit, 3 years from now?
6. Morin Company's bonds mature in 8 years, have a par value of $1,000, and make an annual coupon interest payment of $65. The market requires an interest rate of 8.2% on these bonds. What is the bond's price?
7. Adams Enterprises’ noncallable bonds currently sell for $1,120. They have a 15-year maturity, an annual coupon of $85, and a par value of $1,000. What is their yield to maturity?
8. Assume that you are considering the purchase of a 20-year, noncallable bond with an annual coupon rate of 9.5%. The bond has a face value of $1,000, and it makes semiannual interest payments. If you require an 8.4% nominal yield to maturity on this investment, what is the maximum price you should be willing to pay for the bond?
9. Grossnickle Corporation issued 20-year, noncallable, 7.5% annual coupon bonds at their par value of $1,000 one year ago. Today, the market interest rate on these bonds is 5.5%. What is the current price of the bonds, given that they now have 19 years to maturity?
10. Malko Enterprises’ bonds currently sell for $1,050. They have a 6-year maturity, an annual coupon of $75, and a par value of $1,000. What is their current yield?
Recently Asked Questions
- Need some help with my econ assignment question 1: A firm has the following production function: Q(Z)=(z 1 0.5 * z 2 0.5 )+ z 3 0.5 a) Calculate the Marginal
- I have this project which I have no idea what is going. Can anybody help me with this?
- Study the image below. Put the labeled rock layers and events in order from oldest to most recent.