• Retained earnings at the end of 2009 were $700,000, but retained earnings at the end of 2010 had declined to $320,000.
• The company does not pay dividends.
• The company’s depreciation expense is its only non-cash expense; it has no amortization charges.
• The company has no non-cash revenues.
• The company’s net cash flow (NCF) for 2010 was $150,000.
On the basis of this information, which of the following statements is CORRECT? (Points: 10)
Prestopino had negative net income in 2010.
Prestopino’s depreciation expense in 2010 was less than $150,000.
Prestopino had positive net income in 2010, but its income was less than its 2009 income.
Prestopino's NCF in 2010 must be higher than its NCF in 2009.
Prestopino’s cash on the balance sheet at the end of 2010 must be lower than the cash it had on the balance sheet at the end of 2009.
This question was asked on Mar 25, 2011 and answered on Mar 25, 2011.
Recently Asked Questions
- Discuss some best practices in public/private partnerships and give examples of successful and/or unsuccessful efforts at public/private partnerships in the
- After a great deal of experimentation, two college senior physics majors determined that when a bottle of French champagne is shaken several times, held
- On December 31, 2012, Company V had a balance in its prepaid insurance account of $48,400. During 2013, $86,000 was paid for insurance. At the end of 2013,