a. appreciation in value
b. credit limit
c. impact of marital deduction
d. gift exclusion
e. all of the above
11. A trust designed to provide liquidity for an estate without increasing the size of the estate is a(n) ____.
a. revocable living
b. irrevocable life insurance
d. charitable lead
e. credit shelter
ANS: B PTS: 1 NAT: Tier 1: Reflective thinking
LOC: Tier 2: Knowledge of financial analysis
12. The unified rate schedule applies to federal ____ taxes.
a. inheritance and gift
b. gift and income
c. gift and estate
d. income and estate
e. estate and inheritance
13. Gift tax liability could be incurred on this transaction:
a. providing rent-free apartment for mother
b. 1,000 hours of babysitting for grandchild
c. son's deposit into husband-wife joint checking account
d. setting up a revocable trust
e. $35,000 given to son
14. The gift tax exclusion applies
a. per recipient annually.
b. per donor annually.
c. per recipient per lifetime.
d. per donor per lifetime.
e. to all spouses' gifts to each other.
15. Your gross estate is reduced by the ____ to determine the adjusted gross estate.
a. state death tax credit
b. orphan's deduction
c. marital deduction
d. funeral and administrative expenses
e. previous year's income tax
This question was asked on Aug 24, 2012 and answered on Aug 24, 2012.
Recently Asked Questions
- FDR's Court-Packing Scheme Shortly after the 1936 election, FDR pitched his popularity against the Supreme Court, which had already nullified important New
- n which accounting standard did the FASB and the IASB jointly propose new standards designed to improve the comparability of disclosures in financial
- Need help with questions #1-4 please. And please show work so I can understand. Thank you