Novo Industri A/S
1. Characterize Novo’s financing strategy prior to 1981. What, if anything,
appears to have been the company’s primary concern in its financing
decisions from 1974 through 1980? What financing strategy would you
recommend for the future?
2. What are preemptive rights issues, and how do they typically work? Why
might Novo have relied so heavily on right issues as a means of raising
capital between 1974 and 1980?
3. What advantages do debt and equity market outside Denmark offer Novo?
Do they present any disadvantages as source of capital?8
4. Evaluate the three financing alternatives facing Novo in early 1981 with respect to:
a) Their effect on Novo’s cost of capital
b) Their dilutive impact on Novo’s existing shareholders
c) Novo’s future ability to raise capital
5. What should Novo do?
Recently Asked Questions
- The appropriate set of weights used in calculating a firm ’ s weighted average cost of capital should reflect :
- The unitary business principle can be described as :
- In equity portfolio management , active managers are first hired to add value . However , this creates ‘ holes ’ – where lack of equity market coverage