Question:Financial Statement Analysis, Eleventh EditionQuaker Oats Company
Refer to the financial statements of Quaker Oats Company in Problem 9-6. Prepare a forecasted income statement for Year 12 using the following assumptions ($ millions):
1. Revenues are forecast to equal $6,000.
2. Cost of sales forecast uses the average percent relation between cost of sales and sales for the three-year period ending June 30, Year 11.
3. Selling, general, and administrative expenses are expected to increase by the same percent increase occurring from Year 10 to Year 11.
4. Other expenses are predicted to be 8% higher than in Year 11.
5. A $2 million loss (net of taxes) is expected from disposal of net assets from discontinued operations.
6. Interest expense, net of interest capitalized and interest income, is expected to increase by 6% due to increased financial needs.
7. The effective tax rate is equal to that of Year 11.
Forecast NI, $140.1 mil.
Please see the attached... View the full answer