AC312 - Comprehensive Articulation Project
This project should be completed using Excel (with formulas and linked data). Below are the deliverables:
1. Prepare a Multi-Step Income Statement for the year ended 2018. This statement should be flexibly designed (formulas in cells). To the right of your dollars in this statement, show common-sized percentages based on sales (vertical analysis).
2. Show journal entries, adjusting entries and closing entries for the below additional information...none of the journal entries for 2018 have been posted to the ledger.
- Prepare a Statement of Retained Earnings for the year ended 2018. This statement should be flexibly designed.
- Prepare a Classified Balance Sheet dated Dec. 31, 2018. Again, a flexible design is required so any changes will automatically update the balance sheet.
- Prepare a Statement of Cash Flows using the indirect method for the year ended 2018. The Statement of Cash Flows (operating section) should automatically change when assumptions are changed.
Your Name, Inc.
Marketable Securities (Short-term) 2,000
Accounts Receivable 14,000
Allowance for Bad Debt (2,000)
Prepaid Insurance 5,000
Total Current Assets $52,000
Property, Plant, and Equipment
Accumulated Dep. - Building (45,000)
Accumulated Dep. - Equipment (20,000)
Total PPE $215,000
Total Assets $267,000
Accounts Payable $9,000
Unearned Revenue 3,000
Income Taxes Payable 3,000
Total Current Liabilities $15,000
Bonds, 10%, due in 2021 $100,000
Common Stock $ 50,000
(100,000 authorized, 50,000 issued) cont.
Additional Pd.-in Capital 80,000
Retained Earnings not given (must be calc.)
Total Equity $152,000
Total Liabilities & Equity $267,000
Additional Information (for all entries):
- Sales for 2018 are $250,000. All sales are on credit.
- Gross Margin/Profit ratio is 40 percent
- Accounts Receivable:
i. $180,000 of the accounts receivable is paid by the end of the year (the remaining balance remains on the balance sheet).
ii. $3,000 of A/R is written off during the year.
iii. 5% of Accounts Receivable (after write-off and collections) is considered to be uncollectible.
i. Inventory purchases is $175,000, all on credit (the periodic method is used).
ii. All accounts payable is from inventory purchases; all but $12,000 of inventory purchased is paid by the end of the year.
- Additional equipment is purchased on 4/1/18 for $20,000 cash. All equipment when new, including the new purchase, has/had a five year life, no salvage value, and is depreciated using the straight-line method.
- The building depreciates at $5,000 per year.
- Half of the marketable securities were sold for $1,300. The FMV of the other half of the securities is also $1,300 and an adjustment to FMV is required.
- Salaries are $2,100 per month (12 months of salaries expense must be booked). It is expected that one-half month will be owed on 12/31/18 because of when payday falls (therefore, 11.5 months of salaries have been paid and ½ month is still owed to the employees at year end).
- $60,000 in cash is borrowed on 10/31/18 by issuing a Note Payable. Interest is 8% per year.
- The bonds were sold at face value last December and pay interest on Dec. 31, 2018.
- 10,000 additional shares of stock were sold for $4 a share (for EPS purposes, assume these shares were outstanding all year).
- Insurance costing $20,000 was purchased on 7/1/18 (the same time in which the policy purchased in 2017 expired. The new policy was for 12 months).
- On Dec. 31, 2018, 1000 shares of stock are repurchased from the market at $2.80/share (treasury stock).
- The tax rate is 30 percent. Income taxes for the current year are due and therefore paid during the first two months of the next year (you will have to complete an entry to pay the 2017 taxes, however the 2018 taxes will not be paid until the end of January 2019).
- Dividends of $4,000 were paid during 2018.
- The unearned revenue has been earned during the year (classified as other revenue on the multi-step income stmt.).
Required Labeled Sheets in Excel (all statements should be for 2018):
- Data Sheet (the ending balances from 2017 - provided on the 2017 balance sheet)
- Entries: Basic and Adjusting (you do not have to separate these entries)
- Adjusted Trial Balance for 2018 (includes the posted amounts of all entries and adjusting entries)
- Multi-step Income Statement
- Retained Earnings Statement
- Classified Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statement (using the indirect method)
- Post-Close Trial Balance for 2018 (include your closing entries above your post close trial balance)
I am needing help with the retained earnings statement, Classified Balance sheet and data sheet.
Recently Asked Questions
- A simple random sample of 500 17-year olds was taken . Of these , 180 knew that the author of The Canterbury Tales was Chaucer . What is the value of for these
- ‘ Statistically significant ’ is synonymous with all of the following except one . Which statement is an INCORRECT STATEMENT ?
- Consider a simple random sample of 100 married BYU students taken by a family scientist to estimate the average length of engagement of BYU students . The