Assume Storrs Insurance Company (a Property Casualty company) has the following data for
- Total Assets = $90M
- Fixed Income assets = $60M
- Equity assets = $20M
- Total liabilities= $75M
- Loss Reserves = $45M
- Unearned premium reserves = $25M
- Premiums for calendar year 2016 = $30M
Assume that for RBC purposes:
- R0 = 0
- R1 factor for its blend of fixed income assets = 5%
- R2 factor for equity assets= 20%
- R4 factor for underwriting risk, loss reserves = 15%, Unearned Premium reserves = 10%
- R5 factor for underwriting risk, premiums= 30%
- What is the Authorized Control Level (ACL) for Storrs for year-end 2016?
- What is Total Capital at 12/31/16?
- What is the RBC Ratio?
- What do RBC rules then require of the company? Of the state insurance commissioner?
Assume that a second company Mansfield Insurance Company, is absolutely identical in all respects, except that it has a more conservative actuary, who has decided to set the loss reserves at $54M rather than $45M.
Recently Asked Questions
- The following events occurred for Mitka Ltd.: a.Received investment of $32,900 cash by organizers. b.Purchased land for $19,800in land; paid $6,900 in cash and
- Joanne Beauport, a connoisseur of fine chocolate, opened Joanne's Chocolates Inc. in Newtown on March 1, 2017. The shop specializes in a selection of gourmet
- Peter's Curling Inc. operates several curling centres (for games and equipment sales). The following transactions occurred in the month of October. (a) Peter's