View the step-by-step solution to:

Question

You have been hired to act as a consultant to the management team of Shoes Are Us Limited, a shoe retailer based

in the UK with an online sales presence, which is seeking to buy-out the current Private Equity owners of the business.

 

You have been asked by the company's Chief Executive to provide advice on what would be the most appropriate methods to value the business for this purpose, what further information would be required, and what further considerations might be relevant before a final valuation is determined. 

 

The private equity investors currently own 88% of the shares and the company's three directors own the remaining 12%. 

 

The company's latest annual accounts for the year-ended 31st December 2014 reveal Sales Revenue of £150m, Profits after Tax of £40m, Earnings Before Interest Tax Depreciation and Amortisation (EBITDA) of £50m and Net Assets of £70m.


a) Discuss the four main valuation methods which could be used in this situation, specifying the relative advantages and disadvantages of each. Your answer should include specific reference and explanation to those concepts for which the Chief Executive requires clarification.


b) Identify what further information might be needed for the application of each method and how this might be obtained.


c) Identify and explain three further considerations which might be relevant before a final valuation is determined.

Top Answer

Valuing stocks is a very complex process that can be usually seen as a union of both... View the full answer

Sign up to view the full answer

Why Join Course Hero?

Course Hero has all the homework and study help you need to succeed! We’ve got course-specific notes, study guides, and practice tests along with expert tutors.

  • -

    Study Documents

    Find the best study resources around, tagged to your specific courses. Share your own to gain free Course Hero access.

    Browse Documents
  • -

    Question & Answers

    Get one-on-one homework help from our expert tutors—available online 24/7. Ask your own questions or browse existing Q&A threads. Satisfaction guaranteed!

    Ask a Question